Pages

The hardest part was figuring out what to call this.

As Jen’s condition improved and my Caringbridge posts became less and less frequent, I received lots of (good-natured) grief from lots of people about how much they missed the blog.  Starting a personal and family blog has always been my intent, and on several occasions I’ve logged on to various blog sites, only to sit and stare at the screen.  What should I call this thing?  I’ve always been one to get hung up in details, and this blog’s title delayed its creation by a number of weeks.  Thanks to Dr. Frutiger at KU Med and her description of Jen’s recovery, I have my title:  The Miraculous Few.  Those words really resonate with me and Jen, and I think we both understand the mandate that they imply.  It just fits.

I do miss blogging. It’s cathartic, and helps me focus.  Over here, I can talk all of the things with which I felt foolish wasting Caringbridge’s bandwidth.

So, welcome to the blog.  Gotta run – in the last 90 seconds, Gwen has dumped the remains of dinner on the floor, got out of her highchair, immediately picked up a kitten and started shaking it within an inch of its life…

Allen

btemplates

2 comments:

Chris said...

Yay! Welcome to Blogger. Now you have to work really hard not to be one of those people who has a one-post blog. You can do it! :o)

Anonymous said...

Glad to see you're turning a page and continuing, Allen!

Rebecca

Post a Comment